The following is a list of questions that may or may not have occured to you as you contemplated your first MTBO event. It takes you though what to expect (and what is expected of you) before, during and after an event. Follow the links to find the answers.
Alternatively, you can download our beginners handbook here (coming soon)
Remember: always follow the simple rules of MTBO; take only photos, leave only tyre tracks and punch only controls.
Before an event
- How do I enter an event?
- What do I need to bring?
- How do I find my way there?
- What do I do when I arrive?
- Does everyone do the same length course?
- What are the types of courses in MTBO?
- What sort of maps do you use in MTBO?
- What do all the symbols mean?
During the event
- What rules are there in MTBO?
- What happens at the start?
- How do I know if I have come to the right control?
- What do I do when I find the control?
- What do I do if I'm lost?
- What do I do if I or someone I meet is injured?
- What do I do at the finish?
After the event
- Where do I find my results
- Is that it?